"My husband and I began our honeymoon by staying 5 nights at Casa Verde in Castel Cellesi. We loved the whole experience. The house was perfect for our needs with full kitchen, including cooking utensils, 2 bathrooms ans a bedroom with a beautiful view of the valley. Eddie was very friendly, helpful, informative and accessible. He gave us a map and a full explanation of all the nearby sights worth visiting. With our rental car, we visited Viterbo, Orvieto, La Civita, Bolsena and montefiascone. All towns were unique and interesting. The food and wine were incredible. We would highly recommend Castel Cellesi to anyone looking for a relaxing experience that is a little bit off the beaten path."
Sami B, England - Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
"In Castel Cellesi I had one of my most beautiful and relaxing vacations. Peace and quiet, beautiful surrounds and great accommodation, really made it."
Julie Robinson, London England
"Thank you for your hospitality and for fulfilling every and all of our wishes. I and my family really enjoyed our vacation. See you next year same date."
Patricia Millar, Cleveland (USA)
"For elderly people like me and my husband this is like a real little paradise. We warmly recommend anyone to come and stay."
Mary McCaib, Toronto (Canada)
"A vacation in Castel Cellesi is an unforgettable experience! I couldn’t get over the friendly locals, and of course the food... Wonderful. Thank you so much."
David Wyse, Sevenoaks England
"Coming from Finland one of the most important considerations for me was good weather and comfortable accommodation. I found this and more in Castel Cellesi. To my surprise I found Finnish spoken in the village! Well done."
Jorma Jyrkilä, Finland
Events & FestivalsAll the year round, especially in the summer time, an incredible number of different festivals, processions, parades, village fairs, band concerts, enogastronomic events, fireworks etc....take place all over the Tuscia:
- Carnival at Ronciglione
- Re-enactment of the Passion of Christ performed during Easter week in many villages and towns of the Tuscia such as: Bagnaia, Bagnoregio, Montefiascone, Marta, Blera, Tarquinia, Gradoli, Latera etc.
- Processions with “Infiorata” (the streets of the town decorated with rugs of fresh flowers) to celebrate CORPUS DOMINI every year in many places of the Tuscia such as: Bolsena, Capodimonte, San Lorenzo Nuovo, Tuscania, Montefiascone, Vitorchiano etc.
- “Palio della Tonna” at Civita di Bagnoregio – every year in June and August a traditional donkey-race around the circular square of San Donato.
- Civitella D'Agliano - Winetasting of the famous “Grechetto” (local wine) with typical products served as refreshments.
- “Aleatico in festa” at Gradoli- winetasting with local products.
- Wine fair at Montefiascone and “In the wine-cellars with Defuk” - 1/15 August.
Stands of local products, refrestments, historical parade (featuring the arrival of Giovanni Defuk
at Montefiascone), wine bars, cellars and taverns open till late. Visitors are welcome in the medieval wine cellars of the old centre to taste, with the help of a specialist of the A.I.S. (Association of Italian Sommeliers), the best local wines and especially the famous EST! EST!EST!
- Mid August at Castelcellesi - Every year on the 14th, 15th and 16th of August entertainment, dances with live orchestra, games, dinners and fireworks on the large, rectangular square of Castel Cellesi to celebrate the “Assunta” (the Assumption of the Virgin Mary to Heaven).
- Viterbo 2/3/4 September every year: Feast Days of the Patron Saint Santa Rosa - 2/9 Historical parade and procession through the city - 3/9 Trasporto della macchina di Santa Rosa - 4/9 Fair/Market in honour of Santa Rosa: hundreds of stalls are located along the streets of the old city centre. Good bargains!
- Christmas in Tuscia
For more detailed information about events and festivals in TUSCIA, see www.tuscianforma.it