"My husband and I began our honeymoon by staying 5 nights at Casa Verde in Castel Cellesi. We loved the whole experience. The house was perfect for our needs with full kitchen, including cooking utensils, 2 bathrooms ans a bedroom with a beautiful view of the valley. Eddie was very friendly, helpful, informative and accessible. He gave us a map and a full explanation of all the nearby sights worth visiting. With our rental car, we visited Viterbo, Orvieto, La Civita, Bolsena and montefiascone. All towns were unique and interesting. The food and wine were incredible. We would highly recommend Castel Cellesi to anyone looking for a relaxing experience that is a little bit off the beaten path."
Sami B, England - Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
"In Castel Cellesi I had one of my most beautiful and relaxing vacations. Peace and quiet, beautiful surrounds and great accommodation, really made it."
Julie Robinson, London England
"Thank you for your hospitality and for fulfilling every and all of our wishes. I and my family really enjoyed our vacation. See you next year same date."
Patricia Millar, Cleveland (USA)
"For elderly people like me and my husband this is like a real little paradise. We warmly recommend anyone to come and stay."
Mary McCaib, Toronto (Canada)
"A vacation in Castel Cellesi is an unforgettable experience! I couldn’t get over the friendly locals, and of course the food... Wonderful. Thank you so much."
David Wyse, Sevenoaks England
"Coming from Finland one of the most important considerations for me was good weather and comfortable accommodation. I found this and more in Castel Cellesi. To my surprise I found Finnish spoken in the village! Well done."
Jorma Jyrkilä, Finland
Walking & TrekkingA large range of paths, trails and country roads to discover the beautiful scenary and the historical/artistical sites of the Tuscia area:
- Along the south - west bank of the Lake Bolsena from Capodimonte (334 m a.s.l.) to Gradoli (470 m) through the romantic archeological site on the top of Mt. Bisentium (406 m) overlooking the lake.
- From Civita di Bagnoregio to the Calanchi of Ponticelli (the most spectacular of all the volcanic buttresses in the area) through the breathtaking “Bucaione” (a sort of tunnel excavated in the rock by the Etruscans).
- Monte Rufeno - This nature preserve occupies three hectares of mostly wooded land located in the hills around Acquapendente, approximately 50 km. from Viterbo and km 49 from Castel Cellesi. From an altitude of 200 metres a.s.l. (the Paglia river), the terrain rises to a height of 700 metres on Mt. Rufeno, an area offering opportunities for excursions and trekking for all ages with several hiking itineraries which are diversified according to duration and difficulty.
- Lake Vico - This nature preserve extends for over three hectares within the old crater area of Lake Vico. It is located approximately 20 kilometres from Viterbo and 47 from Castel Cellesi. I lies within the territorial bounds of the towns of Caprarola and Ronciglione. It is one of the most beautiful nature areas in Italy and its marsh area is of extreme environmental importance as the refuge of thousands of migratory and stationary birds. The area also includes the beech woods of Mt. Fogliano and Mt. Venere.
- The Beechwood – This wood covers the higher areas of Mt. Cimino (1053 m) in the municipal area of Soriano nel Cimino. These towering beech trees create an environment of unique natural beauty. Among the natural curiosities of the wood is the “trembling stone”, a huge boulder which has perched balanced on a narrow base for centuries.